Short URLs from the API with Graphviz

Hi Team,

Does Graphviz have a short url feature like the normal quickchart API?

For example, You can do a post request to

Any help returning temporary short URLs for the graphviz endpoint would be much appreciated :grinning:

PS: Sorry for the image instead of text. The URLs are important to communicating my question but I get an error when I try to make a post with quickchart URLs. I have emailed support in regards to this issue on their forums

Hi @Logan, unfortunately we don’t support short URLs for the graphviz endpoint at this time!

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the quick response.

No problem. With that in mind, I found a javascript way to create a temporary URL in the calling program.
Here is my workaround code in case anyone needs it in the future.

// END USING POST REQUEST
      // FYI: "It can take a couple seconds for short URLs to become active globally.
      console.log("Request string too long. Making a POST request. (This may take longer)")
      const postRequestBody = {
          "graph": diagramTextStr,
          "layout": diagramLayoutEngine,
          "format": "svg", // Temporary storage (below) is expecting SVG format.
      };

let response = await context.fetcher.fetch({
        disableAuthentication: true,
        url:      "https://quickchart.io/graphviz",    // The Graphviz endpoint cannot return a shortURL
        isBinaryResponse: true,                        // Since cannot get short URL. Get Binary SVG file instead
        method:   "POST",
        headers:  { 'Content-Type': 'application/json' },
        body:     JSON.stringify(postRequestBody), 
      });
      console.log("responseJSON: " + JSON.stringify(response));

let svgAsBinaryResponse = response.body;
      let temporaryImageUrl = await context.temporaryBlobStorage.storeBlob(svgAsBinaryResponse, "image/svg+xml");
      return temporaryImageUrl;
    }